Andrew Strom has given his permission to post this, so I will as it is sooo good.
WHAT WOULD the CHURCH DO??
- by Ian Hall.
What would the modern church do to Jesus if He were on the
- They would tell Him to say a little prayer.
- They would invite Him to their church.
- They would tell Him to give ten percent of his money to the
church, and rebuke Him for giving it (and more) to the poor.
- They would give Him self-help books to heal his "inner hurt."
- They would tell Him that He needed to get rich in order to receive
- They would tell Him that apostles and prophets don't exist
anymore, and that most of the spiritual gifts aren't for today.
BUT being a Church greeter is a "spiritual gift."
- They would tell Him to go to seminary school to "perfect" his
- They would tell Him, with their actions, that it is OK to sin, as
long as you either, (a) Hide it well enough, or (b) Use Scripture
to justify it.
- They would tell Him to stop playing with the children during the
- They would tell Him to stop preaching repentance, because
people don't like it.
- They would tell Him to preach messages with a "warm, upbeat"
message that make people feel good, so that more people
would come to His church and that He could pay His bills for
His church building.
- They would rebuke Him for saying that the church is people, and
not a building.
- They would tell Him to stop hanging out with 'sinners.'
- They would rebuke Him for making "communion" a meal.
- They would rebuke Him for calling several people in church
- They would tell Him to stop healing people, because that isn't for
- They would kick Him out of the church for knocking down the
pews and pulpits.
- They would gossip about Him, and say that He was starting a "cult."
TBN Founder Paul Crouch Dies
3 days ago